Friday, January 9, 2009

Minute By Minute


As I reminisce back to an old Doobie Brothers tune (or at least I think they performed it), daylight is returning minute by minute. I am a definite spring/summer fan but this winning back the daylight is a wonderful challenge. Now, some people may think that I have so little to think or do, but the late afternoon light is a favorite sight. It is visually interesting to me how the slant of light changes as the day presses on through the hours until dusk.

I always recognize this change of light first and not the morning side of day. Perhaps, it is because I am a night owl. Or is it the cusp between the light and dark that fascinates me and creates that moment of stillness? What ever is the driving force, the entire process leaves me sated that all is well with nature.

No comments: