Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Six Month Reflection


Half the year is over and a good time to reflect on what has passed thus far. My biggest change has been the ability to live in the present moment however it may appear ... meaning a joyous, sad, troubling, or peaceful moment. I realized that I was spending more time resisting the moment instead of embracing it. That's a lot of energy tied up with avoidance.

When I finally welcomed whatever was happening and what I was feeling, all the stress dissipated and I had a sense of quietness, peaceful acceptance. Someone called it surrender in a conversation last night. I don't like that word surrender because, for me, it means to give up, however, giving up gives a chance for the workings of the universe to prevail. If I orchestrate my life with detail, then I am missing out on a chance for the universe to create one far more powerful, colorful and enjoyable. To surrender to the universe's infinite design, I have a life that is large and not diminished by my narrow vision.

That revelation was tremendous in allowing myself to get unburdened and start living a life that comes with grace and ease. I am still paying bills, working for money, interacting with people and seeing a bigger picture for me. Really marvelous. Yihaaaaaa!

And, I'd like to give thanks to Marilou, Dale and Tom for this one!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Great post!
I hear you on the word 'surrender'. Thus, enter the thesaurus, of which some of the best options are acquiescence, cessation, giving way, relenting, relinquishment, submission, succumbing, and yielding.
Regardless, congrats on being 'in the moment'! I have my moments, but I would hardly call it a permanent awareness. ;)
Vanessa
http://www.wideawakeinwonderland.com