Sunday, June 6, 2010

Reading "tinkers" by Paul Harding

I just finished reading "tinkers" by Paul Harding and I admit that I have to read the book again. Not because I didn't get the plot, but due to the beautiful writing and elegant combinations of thoughts and reality. I suspect I may be haunted by this book (in a good way).

The scene of a dying man's last thoughts as his family life is revealed through vignettes of his memories is riveting. Each carefully crafted detail etches the life, in most cases, hard life of his past and his father's odd life, and the even stranger life of his father's father.

But more than the transitioning of this man into death is the story of his father's life. Spellbinding. Buy the book or get it from the library. No wonder it won a Pulitzer Prize.

http://www.blpbooks.org/books/tinkers.html

Bookmark and Share

No comments: