Saturday, January 9, 2010

Resolve to Change


Now that we have officially made it into the next year, I have taken some action on a few ideas, committed to some fundamental life changes, and embraced this new landscape of winter. It's what you do for the new year but this particular year is different. How so? I am committed to making some serious changes in my life.

First change ... laugh a lot. Every. Single. Day. Find the joy in living.

Second change, I like being involved with people who like to do stuff. I mean physically involved with doing something. I sit behind a desk for the better part of the day and it makes me anxious to get outside, head to the gym, or just take some breaks for my mental agility. While this may involve tasks like weeding the garden, rearranging the closets, what I am really talking about is getting some exercise. I used to ride horses and now I am riding the elliptical.

Third change, express myself in what I think, write and wear. I have been a little too dull on the wardrobe piece. I think the stats on the contents of any closet is that you wear only 20% of what is available. I have some great pieces of jewelry which don't seem to get worn too often. Time to mix it up.

Fourth change, keep learning and expanding my knowledge base. It keeps me mentally motivated.

So what have you planned for this year?


Bookmark and Share

No comments: